Pages

Feb 23, 2013

The Life and Times..."A Fashionable Birthday"

My birthday landed on the most dreaded day ever for anyone wanting to party hearty in honor of their day of birth....Wednesday :(. I didn't really want too get to wild and crazy and whatnot since all my friends and family had work and responsibilities, it being in the middle of the week and all. So I just planned for a day of errand running and relaxing until I could live it up on the weekend.
However, my girl MunaMoon wanted to take me to a place I always wanted to go to...NYFW!! How does a girl who loves fashion say no to that...guess what?...they don't! I hurriedly took her up on her offer and found my way to Lincoln Center. I took as many pics as I could as I got to sit in on two runway shows for two talented designers: Zang Toi and B. Michael America.

Muna and I at the Zang Toi runway show
Beautiful jacket
Another beautiful jacket...and sitting down in the white jacket...none other than Cynthia Bailey of RHOA

Loved this coat as well...camel brown  
Floor length gowns are where its at...
Stylish menswear too!
Emerald green will be a true fall trend...
Along with purple...it's all about gem tones
Black dress with gold embroidery...absolutely amazing!
Loved this black velvet coat
I didn't get to take many pictures at the B. Michael America show, due to bright lighting, but Muna and I were able to capture probably the best photo of the night there and were literally so geeked for the rest of the night...We ran into our favorite TV mom actress of all time!!....




Ms. Phylicia Rashad!! And let me tell you....she is absolutely stunning and sweet!!

After all of that we went to an after party event and found our way to good ol' Dallas BBQ's for a quick bite and a drink:

Oldie but a goodie :)

I knew that the weekend coming up would be insane due to friends visiting for my bday, so a low key night was just what I needed. It's the simple things that make it fun, lol! Happy Birthday to me :)

1 comment: