Pages

Nov 6, 2012

The Resilient New York City...


After witnessing the devastation of Hurricane Sandy...I thought about how strong of a state New York is. We have endured a lot of horrible things and still...no matter what...are able to bounce back...one step at a time. Many people in New York are still struggling in the aftermath, but I have faith and it stems from a feeling of love and strength that I have for my city. The entire tri-state area and East Coast has been torn down by this storm...but I know that they will slowly piece themselves back together.
Once the trains were up and running...I took my Nikon to the city and to the center of it all...Times Square...to snap a few pics and admire the energy and the people with hope for the usual busy streets. And it was then that I was reminded...that even in darkness and in times of sadness...there is always life, light and people...in the city that never sleeps.








all photos: property of thekinkynewyorker

P.S. Today is November 6, 2012, Election Day,....Please go out and exercise the importance of your right to vote!!

No comments:

Post a Comment